Question:
Anyone know a good way to attract crows to my backyard?
bonedaddyxl
2006-03-24 14:01:46 UTC
I really love watching them. I know most people think they are vermin, but I dont have a garden (or close neighbors) so how can i get them closer.
Fourteen answers:
Danaerys
2006-03-25 20:07:15 UTC
My sister throws peanuts (in the shell) out for them at her house. If she forgets, they yell at her. I guess they like peanuts. And I'm glad you like them - so do I!
jammer_3879
2006-03-25 01:40:17 UTC
My neighbor doesn't know that everyday at 10:30 am about 50 crows converge in their front yard and eat all their cat's food. It took me a few days to figure out why they only went to that yard...definitely cheap cat food. Crows are very smart birds. I use to work at a pet shop and they had one in rehab he would say in a tuff New York accent "Big Bird(Boyd)"

He was so cool. True story.
~element
2006-03-24 22:16:36 UTC
Scatter lots of food, carcasses maybe (your neighbors will really hate that) and things that crows like.
mami3jc
2006-03-24 22:04:46 UTC
Leave food out on your patio.

I remember in grade school, during lunch, all the crows and seagulls would gather, and wait until we went to play then they swarmed all over our leftovers.
2006-03-24 22:09:55 UTC
The only way I know to attract cows is food. THey love too eat.
SK8TERGURL~1~NOT~ 2/davesslave
2006-03-24 22:03:52 UTC
Put up a bird feeder for other birds and they show up.

They like bread crumbs also and cracked corn.

Wish I could send you some of mine.
2006-03-24 22:05:34 UTC
put a lot of pink stuff in your backyard. i heard that cows are attracted to pink, especially hot pink!
2006-03-24 22:29:16 UTC
put some grass seed and bird seed in your grass adn set up bird feeders and bird houses
whoops :)
2006-03-24 22:02:51 UTC
scatter grass seeds
Flabbergasted
2006-03-24 22:05:00 UTC
scatter a few carcasses
Peach
2006-03-25 01:38:59 UTC
bird feed go to a pet store....er....someplace
2006-03-24 22:03:57 UTC
they like food.
alexander_hine
2006-03-24 22:04:02 UTC
put road kill on your lawn, they love it!
i love you!
2006-03-25 02:19:26 UTC
scarecrow***