Question:
How to acclamate a parakeet?
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
How to acclamate a parakeet?
Three answers:
chocolate cake
2006-02-01 21:23:07 UTC
In my opinion, you are not doing anything wrong. It will take some time for the bird to gain your trust. Continue to talk nicely to him, and converse with him as much as you can. Slowly, you'll see that he will become more and more friendly with you. It's a good sign that he's not trying to attack you when you put your finger in the cage. Good luck and most of all be patient.
silviutza_esp
2006-02-01 07:11:42 UTC
they need time.i had one but the poor one when he get used with me he died of lonlyness.so i think that the frist thing that you should do is to bring a mate for him.
suzerstar
2006-02-04 08:58:20 UTC
I also have a parakeet. I put a mirror in his cage for when I am not at home...It took him about a week to notice it but now he sings all day long especially loud when I walk in the room to open his cage door. He sits on my head while I am doing odds and ends. Talk to your bird by saying the same words over and over...eventually he will feel at ease and try to mimic you and chirp just to hear you talk. Mine was just like your at first so I got him a mate which got very sick and passed away. Your bird is much better off solo, they stay skiddish around you when they have a mate.